View or download a PDF version of my resume here.
firstname.lastname@example.org • LinkedIn • GitHub
Based in: Oakland, CA
Current: Software Engineer at OpenTable
- Software Engineer with 2+ years of experience in making fast, usable, and clean web applications for 30m+ users
- Co-owned a project to overhaul our backend user logic that led to $400k+ in revenue
- Migrated a legacy web application to a new, React codebase while retaining 99% uptime
- Quickly delivered a new user flow that was featured in national press outlets like WSJ, USA Today, and The Verge
- Mentor in the coding community by making lessons on Egghead.io and volunteering for The Collab Lab
Software Engineer at OpenTable
September 2019 - Present
Full-stack engineer on the consumer-facing booking flow, working on the booking/checkout process on the desktop and mobile web experience.
- Corrected long-standing legacy bugs that cost us $2m/yr+
- Developed restaurant-facing marketing features that were used by over 20% of our userbase
- Successfully migrated our most important page to a new React monolith while maintaining sustainable system design choices
- Evangelized developer best practices such as thorough PR descriptions and an attention to detail on the front-end
June 2018 - June 2019
Full-stack developer on a small B2B product development team, building a 360° camera app across desktop and mobile for enterprise clients in the government sector.
- Introduced best practices such as linting which decreased bugs by 30%
- Increased developer productivity by over 50% by leading a major refactoring project
- Streamlined development ecosystem by integrating tools such as Webpack and CI
- Componentized major code blocks into bloat-free & efficient files using Vue + Vuex
Egghead is a leading instructional site in the web developer community. My lessons there have been viewed for over 60 hours, and tend to be focused on how Linux tooling integrates with web development.
CodeBuddies is a global community dedicated to helping folks get better at software development. I have been involved in the community for over 2 years now.
I spoke about How To Be a Good Mentee to a live and streaming audience in SF and NYC. The slides can be seen here.
I write a lot, both on my blog, but also to a newsletter audience of 500+. I mostly write about career development and learning strategies in tech.
Project Creator at GitHub
For all other work, please check GitHub. I publish everything (including this website!) there.